Lotus Seed Popcorn (Makhana)
Makhana used Chinese medicine for 3,000 years and has an important place in Ayurvedic science. Our makhana set is processed without artificial coatings and colors and takes less time to cook because it contains less moisture. In addition, these foods are high in fiber, vitamins, and other vital minerals, free from any counterfeit, in which maca beans are puffed, roasted, eaten and used in the preparation of desserts and recipes.
- Enhances Kidney Health – Lotus seeds have always been widely used in Ayurveda because of their very beneficial astringent properties. These properties are very useful in restoring the condition of the kidneys and providing the essential nutrients for their mental functioning.
- Helps Manage Diabetes – Lotus seeds naturally have a low glycemic index. In this way, they limit the sudden rise in blood sugar levels. Lotus seeds also control the body’s insulin response and keep blood sugar levels within normal ranges. Eating dried or roasted lotus seeds as an evening snack are ideal for a diabetic diet.
- Anti-aging Properties – Lotus seeds contain certain enzymes. This enzyme plays an active role in promoting protein health in the body. In addition, it can be very effective in repairing damaged proteins in the body. Hence, with its therapeutic effects, lotus seeds can stop the signs of aging.
- Protein, Fat, Carb, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Vitamin A, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin B-6, and Folate.
- Vitamin A is essential for the proper growth and function of many body parts, including the eyes, skin, and immune system. It is found in many foods, including fruits, vegetables, and fish. It can convert some of it into vitamin A in the body.